AAIAC Adventure Mark
Adventure Activities Safety and Quality in Northern Ireland
What is Adventuremark?Adventuremark is a safety accreditation scheme for providers of adventurous activities. Adventuremark allows providers to demonstrate to their customers or users that the provider’s arrangements for managing the potential risks of adventure activities have been inspected and found to meet the AAIAC Provider Accreditation standards which define “good practice” in the adventure activity industry. All Providers who hold Adventuremark will have undergone an inspection to confirm compliance.
Sport Northern Ireland and DCAL are pleased to announce the implementation of “Adventuremark” as a suitable adventure activity accreditation scheme for activity providers in Northern Ireland.
Our philosophy is simple:
“The best staff and non stop adventure based learning in a comfortable and safe environment”.East Coast Adventure has been operating for 21 years and we have a proven track record which is evident from our client base. We celebrate our Outdoor Team and their ability to address all areas of need for our clients, our Sales Team and their ability to ensure client programmes are designed to our clients specific need and the East Coast Adventure behind the schemes team “you know who you are” and their ability to “get the job done” at all times to the standard our clients expect from us and we expect to deliver to our client.]
Paul Clarke, Presenter & Broadcaster Gerry Anderson, Presenter
We understand the challenges facing young people today
At East Coast Adventure we understand the difficulties and barriers that young people are faced with today and have developed programmes that are inclusive, engaging and motivational. We use the outdoors as a medium through which they will be encouraged and challenged as well as being supported by instructors that understand and are mindful of their individuality, strengths and capabilities.
We offer 21 years of experience
At East Coast Adventure we have developed our experience, skills and confidence working with all marginalised and disadvantages young people, encompassing those with mental health issues, physical disabilities and young people from the youth justice system.
We have a repertoire of approaches and coupled with praise and encouragement we will ensure maximum participation for each and the opportunities to build self-confidence and self esteem.
Our programmes are diverse
Our programmes includes both independent and group activities, allowing for the development of friendships which will be encourage and facilitated by our experienced instructor.
We support & encourage
Our skilled team is considerate, encouraging, and non-judgemental and will provide each young person with the level of support required to participate in each activity. Each young person will be encouraged to support each other to develop group dynamics and potential friendships, promoting a sense of belonging and ownership of their programme.
East Coast Adventure can provide your school or youth group with an EXACT specification programme in line with your curriculum requirements or funding criteria respectively. 21 years of programme delivery comes to the forefront and is very evident in the final programme designed and presented to you.
We are the chosen delivery provider for
- Northern Ireland Deaf Youth Association
- Trinity Club Dublin (Downs Syndrome and Mentally disable Youth and Adults)
- Fighting Blindness (Dublin & Belfast)
- Wade Training (Newry) – Providing Confidence & Motivation Programme
- The Foster Network to deliver Residential and Day Activities Camps to their young people.
- Princes Trust (Regions include):
- (Southern Regional Area, covering Newry/Armagh/Craigavon Team)
- East & North Belfast
- Omagh Princes Trust Teams
Each of the above teams take part in a 5 days residential focusing on confidence, motivation, TEAM & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT.
Southern Health & Social Care TrustChildren with Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome
- Region 1 (Armagh & Dungannon)
- Region 2 (Newry & Mourne)
- Region 3 (Craigavon & Banbridge)
We are the programme provider of activities & residential programmes for physically disabled young people for the Southern Health & Social Care Trust. (Newry & Mourne Region)
Partnership with Wade Training Organisation in the delivery of:
- Steps to Work (Confidence & Motivation 10 Day Challenge)
- VRQ City & Guilds Level II Diploma in Sport & Recreation – 6 Months
Community Funded Projects:
- Community Policing Programmes
- Peace & Reconciliation Programmes
- Recovering Addict & Young Offenders Programmes
Targeting marginalised and disadvantages young people during flash point times (across Northern Ireland)
Our Customer Base:
- Youth Groups
- School Groups
- Students taking part in any of our Outdoor Programmes
- Adults & Students taking part in our RYA (Royal Yachting Association) Courses
- Individual Members of the Public
- Foreign Language Students
- During the months of July & August we offer a “Drop In” facilities to day visitors to the area – pre booking is essential
- Adult, Families & Children are all welcome
” Proof of our commitment to our customers & our specifically designed programmes is evident in the contract work we continue to deliver and our high level of repeat business. We look forward to working with you”. Jennifer Cumming, Director
- Check out our social media sites for regular special offers and competitions
- Tel: 0044 (0) 28 417 53535
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org